New York Violent Crimes
Effective Representation in New York City & Across NY For Violent Crime Investigations, Charges & Indictments
When faced with the most serious of charges in NY, you need the most experienced of attorneys.
You need to look for an attorney who has a demonstrated history of winning major cases.
And I’d like to prove to you….that I am that Attorney.
I have 20 plus years of experience fighting the toughest legal cases in NY….the charge of murder, attempted murder and other crimes of violence. And in that time, as you can see here, I’ve successfully represented a wide range of clients who were accused of the most severe of crimes….those in which a person was killed or where police say killing a person was the alleged intent.
In many cases, because I was retained as my clients New York Violent Crimes Lawyer at an early stage of the proceedings, I was able to avoid charges from being brought against my clients. In others, where an arrest on homicide or assault charges had already taken place, I was able to put an end to the proceedings, or to lessen the charges that were ultimately brought, by skillfully presenting exculpatory or mitigating evidence to the New York grand jury.
I have also been able to obtain outstanding results by reaching plea agreements with prosecutors when appropriate.
And of course, because of my vast experience as a trial lawyer and dogged determination, I’ve done extremely well for my clients when we had to go to Trial.
In all of these cases, an aggressive investigation, and the use of forensic experts to assist your defense, makes all the difference in the world.
I’d ask that you take a look at the list below. It shows the Violent Crimes Under New York Penal Law and the areas where I can help.
- Criminally Negligent Homicide
- Attempted Murder
- Vehicular Assault
- Gang Assault
- Aggravated Assault
- Reckless Endangerment
- Unlawful Imprisonment
- Custodial Interference
In homicide and other violent crime cases in New York State, there are a number of legal defenses and other critical issues that tend to arise with regularity. I’ve been involved with murder, attempted murder and assault cases for two decades and have dealt with it all during this time. I consider myself a very talented defense lawyer that is always well-prepared to confront any evidence that a prosecutor may attempt to utilize, and to aggressively investigate all defenses that may lead to your exoneration.
- Experience in asserting the so-called “insanity” defense under New York State Law
- Experience in asserting a duress defense under New York State Law
- Experience in asserting a “justification” or self-defense defense under New York State Law
- Experience challenging the testimony of forensic experts used by the State, including medical examiners, serologists, ballistics and fingerprint examiners, toxicologists, chemists and so-called “crime scene reconstructionists”
- Experience in assessing the critical role of forensic evidence, and in particular serological evidence such as DNA, in establishing that there was contact between the victim and the accused